Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Puke

Okay, so- how many times can you change a sick childs sheets in one night? I jinxed myself on Sunday when I heard a mom say that her baby was up all night sick. I said, "come to think of it, Josi's never been sick." And that's all it took. The throwing up began in the middle of Family Home Evening. Lucky for us we had invited over another family from the ward. So there we were, looking very "New Era"ish, when Josi began puking over and over right into her dad's hands which filled up rather quickly and ran down to his lap. His lap was literally a pool of puke. So, we cleaned up and finished up and began putting everyone to bed. Once, twice, three times and more, Jeff and I played "clean up and comfort". We had 2 Sami pop-ups that I thought were from us being up and down so much. Then, this morning Sami stood at the top of the stairs yelling about needing a drink when it started for her. So, it continues. I often think about the scriptures when I too have a "day and a night and a day with no darkness". So I decided to put on my comfy pants for the day, do all the puky laundry and just watch TV with my girls.

3 comments:

Lindsay Kay said...

I am so sorry. That is awful. You are a fun blog author. You have a way with words that I wish I had. I really really enjoy reading your blog. I am so glad you made one. Love you guys.
Linds

Within These Walls said...

No fun! I hope it ends soon! I love your blog! Blogging is very addicting!

Val said...

You poor mom! You deserve a treat after enduring all of that! One extra 100 calorie pack for you!