One thing you should know about Jeff is that he is a bit obsessed with his lawn. Is it possible to be "a bit obsessed"? that seems contradictory doesn't it? Okay, he's obsessed with his lawn. Here is a picture of Jeff as he applies the THIRD application of who -knows -what out in the rain tonight. At first I thought it was just a genetic thing he picked up from his dad (who likes to point out the flaws of other people's lawn and what they should do to make it better). But then we moved into this house with the garden space and the fruit trees. Oh man, if you want to see someone experience true joy - just come over and watch Jeff eat his first ripe tomato of the season. It's hillarious. In the summer he doesn't really rush home to the wife and kids, he rushes home to the garden. Now, you must understand that this a genuine Jeff trait and I absolutely love it. I'll hear the door shut, he'll run upstairs to change his clothes, and he's out checking on the garden FIRST THING! His "inner farmer" just calls to him. Jeff even has this very sweet dream of the future. He would like to retire at 55, go buy a fruit orchard somewhere, and grow old sitting at his little road side fruit stand. I love that picture in my mind. Won't he be the cutest old man? Just sitting there as proud as can be of his produce? So, that's our dream. A fruit orchard with a roadside stand.
Wednesday, March 19, 2008
Something About Jeff
Posted by Hurst at 7:18 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








2 comments:
What a great dream to have! I would love to have a great lawn and a luscious garden. I unfortunately don't have a green thumb, i kill everything. Maybe Jeff can give Joe a few pointers for our dying lawn, except for the back, we know what creatures destroyed that.
Sounds like me with my little planter box on our back porch. Tree Orchards, sign me up.
Brad
Post a Comment