Sunday, April 13, 2008

Moments

 
 
 

So I really, really, really, enjoyed Elder Ballard's talk during conference to young mothers. He talked about the joy of motherhood coming in "moments". Boy is that true! So, amid the crying and the screaming and the fighting and the whining and the praying (on my part of course) sometimes there are MOMENTS. Here is one of ours. Every monday before Family Home Evening everyone has to take up their laundry basket and put their clothes away. You have to understand that most of my prayers include something to the point of hoping that Max and Sami can learn to be friends - there is some inevitable sibling rivalry junk that we are working on. Anyway, the kids were both having some trouble hauling their laundry baskets up the stairs when I heard Sami say "Max, let's use teamwork". I thought maybe it was a dream. I thought maybe it was a twisted lead into a fight. I thought maybe I had stepped onto the set of Barney. But no, my children really did work together AND IT WAS THEIR IDEA. Granted this sprit lasted until the opening song of Family Home Evening when the epic battle of who got to lead the song began. BUT, we had a moment. A bright shining moment in the season of young motherhood that helped me hope that all we are doing might be enough.

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Within These Walls said...

I loved his talk too! Thanks for sharing one of your moments. I think it's so easy to get so caught in the busyness that we don't always recognize all of those moments. I love that they came up with the idea of working together on their own.

Lindsay Kay said...

Yeah, thanks for sharing the sweet moment. I love your cute kids. I wish I could have spent more time with them and you guys. You still thinking of coming to visit?

Anonymous said...

Ah, the moments. I love those too. Thanks for sharing!

Whit said...

That is a great moment. Great job for capturing it on film.