Okay, so I have to share something - It's more of a reminder to myself as well as some info you might all enjoy.
So, I have dreams. Not just normal dreams, but often Heavenly Father speaks to me in my dreams. Some of you have read about the dream I had that helped me find our toyroom. I had a dream just before Jeff was called into the Bishopric...I decided I need to keep a dream journal as a family reminder of the Lord's hand in our life. Anyway, about a year ago I had a very vivid dream...
We were looking for a new house. Every house that Jeff and I walked into seemed to be the same - there was tons of hardwood and really high ceilings and big open kitchens. We went into home after home and they were all the same, they were all beautiful,but I just couldn't get excited about any of them.
Then we walked through another house. It was older and very quirky. The ceilings were lower, it was smaller, I remember that in the middle of the living room wall there were two steps up into another bedroom. It was just weird! But I was getting all excited and feeling like "this is the house!" Then we walked through the small kitchen and opened a door where we stepped down into this great storage room. It was dark and had really low ceilings but it was like a mini grocery store. There were several freezers and lots of shelves and you could walk in there and find all the ingredients to make almost anything you'd want. Jeff and I knew that was the house for us!
I can still to this day remember all the little details about this dream. I know that I am supposed to do whatever I can to create a safe haven for my family. Whenever I am tempted to yearn for a bigger, newer, more beautiful home (mainly a bigger kitchen) I remember my dream and how excited I was over that weird little house simply becasue it had everything I needed to take care of my family.
Jeff and I have been working on making that dream a reality. In recent years we have expaned our pantry. We have our 12 month supply of staples packed away in the kids' closets and under their beds. What we don't have is our 3 months supply of food we eat everyday. Somehow I have to re-create that weird little room with shelves and freezers that held everything we needed. We will have to be very creative to find the space and money to make this happen but I know it's what my family needs to do.
I wanted to share with all of you food-storage focused friends that I found a coupon for $100 off of those Shelf Reliance food rotations shelves. We have one and I just love it! go to www.pinchingyourpennies.com and scroll down to the bottom for the coupon.
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
You might say I'm a dreamer...
Posted by Hurst at 11:49 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







2 comments:
You are just adorrible. I dream a lot too! I can always remember my dreams. And if I wake up I can go back into what I was dreaming. I miss you. We need to get together. Thanks for being a good example when it comes to food storage... teach me to love it?!!!!
Thanks for the kind words. I always learned far more from you girls! And I truly believe that we find significant people in our lives for very significant reasons. You are one of those. I just know that you will be a wonderful example to those YW you serve. Camp is STILL one of my favorite things to do. George and I have been able to go and visit for Bishop's Night and it is SO fun. Good Luck, you'll be great!!
Post a Comment