Thursday, January 15, 2009
I love Jeff
Can I just say how much I love Jeffery Robert Hurst? Jeff is super-man. Jeff is smart. Jeff works hard. Jeff naturally knows what to do in every situation. Jeff has true instincts. Jeff is good at balancing his time. Jeff is wise. Jeff is capable and talented. Jeff is good at everything he tries (sometimes that drives me crazy - there's nothing he stinks at). Jeff is kind.
This winter just before Christmas Jeff took "his girls" out to lunch downtown. We passed by a homeless man on the sidewalk and Jeff just reached in his pocket, pulled out some money and handed it to him without stopping. After lunch while we were in the car Sami said out of the blue "Thank you Daddy for giving that man a dollar." I remember another time when we were first married and we were coming out of Walmart. Jeff was wearing his favorite sweatshirt - it was black and soft and he just loved it. A man approached us in the parking lot asking for help - we honestly had no cash on us. It was winter time and Jeff didn't even hesitate - he took off his favorite sweatshirt and handed it to the man. I have tried over the years to replace that sweatshirt but even Jeff comments that none of them feel like that one did. Thank you honey for being so kind and giving and strong and wise. I love more today than yesterday but not as much as tommarrow!
Posted by Hurst at 11:27 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








3 comments:
Can I just say...what a sweet tribute to your husband!!! You are both blessed to have each other, and I am blessed to have all of you in my life...I just love '5 Hursts'...well in actuallity I love a lot more that just 5 but you know what I mean!!!
Even though I give you a hard time Jeff, you are a great example to me, all the time! I mean it! Thanks for being such a good brother! :'(
Tis' all too true. Jeff is an amazing individual. Brad and I talk quite often about how your family is. Cami you have the amazing ability to stand tall and serve broad.You support Jeff in all he needs and desires to do, which truly is one of the only reasons he is capable of being the amazing individual he is. All because of you, his wife who stands beside him, loves him, serves him and your children, so that he can be where he needs to be. You guys are just an awesome example to us and we love you and so enjoy learning much from you. Thank you for your examples.
Love you guys.
Not to mention that your children are absolutely adored by us, especially by Logan. He talks about them at least twice a day and I have to calm him down from thinking he can just up and come to your house anytime he wants.
Post a Comment