Monday, October 6, 2008
GIFT Fundraiser
I just wanted to let everyone know that the GIFT Fundraiser we had for the young father in our ward who has brain cancer was a huge sucess. It took about 4 months of intense preparation but that one day was worth it. I was overwhelmed with the goodness of people in our community. I love Meridian! Donors, and sponsors, and volunteers were absolutley wonderful. In the end we were ably to raise over $15,000 for this family. It was a good thing and I am thankful to my friend Suzy for being inspired and for letting me enjoy the journey. I learned so much! My favorite lesson learned was that people are good and they will give whatever they can - it may not be much in they eyes of the world - but what they give is a sacrifice and that is just priceless in my eyes.
Posted by Hurst at 8:02 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








0 comments:
Post a Comment