Monday, October 6, 2008

Washinton DC

 
 
 
 

So, July and August were crazy busy at our house as you will soon see. I took September off of almost everything; just picking up the peices that got left behind. So, here is my report!

At the end of July Jeff and I went to Washington DC for a week. WOW! We try to do over-nighters every 3-4 months but we'd never really been away from the kids and on a real vacation. We had way too much fun. We went with Jeff's company who paid for EVERYTHING which was even better. We went to a national baseball game (a spiritual experience for Jeff); we went to dinner at this fancy restaraunt (which we were way under dressed for) and watched Bob Dole and other senators hob-nob; we stayed at the historic Willard Intercontinental Hotel where the Primeminister from Packistan and some African country were also staying there; we cried together at Arlington National Cemetary which is a sacred place if I've ever felt one; and stood amazed at the feet of the Lincoln Memorial; we were angry and sickened at the Holicaust Museum; we couldn't stop thinking about the kids at the National Museum of National History; and we just played at the Air and Space Museum which was rented out entirely for our company the last evening. WOW. We need to do that more often! I love you Jeff. You are still my best friend, boyfriend, soul-mate, and true love!

Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

SarahAnne said...

What a great trip! David and I went away last summer and it was sooo nice! I am glad you got the chance, all expenses paid! What a great deal!

The family pics are great - to be cherished always. Good to hear the updates in general and know you didn't fall off the face of the blogging world forever! ;o) Hope things have settled down for you now!